Using Principles of Character,
Equity, & Sustainability
" Foster character development by modeling and embedding our attributes into the learning environment: compassion, courage, empathy, fairness, honesty, integrity, perseverance, optimism, respect, and responsibility. "
- Continue to embed character attributes and equity of outcomes in the work we do with school staff.
- If we continue to model the character attributes in the daily work we do with staff and in schools, then staff will know that character development education remains a priority and is embedded in the work we do.
Value individual differences and treat people in a fair and respectful manner
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) information.
- The multi-year Accessibility Plan is developed in accordance with the Integration Accessibility Standards Regulation under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. This Plan describes the process, measures, commitment and efforts the Avon Maitland District School Board will take to identify, remove and prevent barriers. It is reviewed and updated yearly. It also describes how the Avon Maitland School Board will make this accessibility plan available to the public
- The Student Code of Conduct provides a framework of expectations for positive behaviour and a process for dealing with behaviour that does not meet the expectations.
Create a culture of sustainability in support of our strategic priorities through the alignment of environment, social and financial resources
- Environment Committee - School Eco-lead support to sustain environmental initiatives.
- Reduce level of waste and consumption in our schools.
- Use capital resources to create a safe and dynamic learning environment.
- Enhance our risk management culture.